Daily Market Highlights
Aug 25, 2009
- MSE Share Index climbs 1.5% to 3,131.121 points as HSBC jumps 4.9%. However volumes remain low in the 4 active equities. BOV, GO and Plaza trade unchanged. Download a copy of the latest Equity Market Summary.
- Subdued trading activity also on the local bond market as investors await details of the upcoming bond issues. The newly issued 5% MGS 2021 (FII) trades for the second consecutive session whilst the 3.6% MGS 2013 FIC has still not traded since being listed last Friday.
- A single trade of 1,000 HSBC shares transacted at the €2.80 level, 4.9% higher than the previous close. Best bids now placed at the €2.75 level whilst further offers remain unsatisfied at the closing price.
- Meanwhile further support for BOV shares at the €3.00 level with volumes reaching 4,192 shares. Few other offers remain outstanding at the close price.
- A further 4,880 GO shares trade at the €1.80 level. The telecoms Group is expected to announce its 2009 half year results on 31 August.
- Plaza shares back in activity for the first time since 5 August. A single trade of 3,000 shares transacted at the €1.649 level, unchanged from the previous close. Best bids still pitched at the €1.50 level whilst further offers remain unsatisfied at the closing price.
- Middlesea Insurance and 6pm interim results expected to be published later on today. Various other results expected to be published this week including those of Lombard Bank, GlobalCapital and Grand Harbour Marina with GO and Medserv to follow on Monday 31 August.