4.6% HSBC Bank Malta plc 2017

Download

HSBC Bank Malta plc - Prospectus 10th January 2007

The Company

In June 1999, HSBC Holdings plc acquired 70.03% of the shareholding of Mid-Med Bank plc from the Government of Malta. The remaining 29.97% of the shares remain in the hands of the public. The origins of Mid-Med date back to 1882 when the Anglo-Egyptian bank was established. This bank subsequently became Barclays Bank Dominion and Overseas. In 1975, the business of Barclays Bank International Ltd. was taken over by Mid-Med Bank Ltd.
The bank is authorised to carry on the business of banking under the Banking Act, 1994 as a credit institution. It is also an authorised dealer in terms of the Exchange Control Act (Cap.233) and a licensed financial intermediary in terms of the Stock Exchange Act, 1990. The bank also holds a Category 3 and a Category 4 Investment Services licence issued by the Malta Financial Services Authority in terms of the Investment Services Act, 1994. These licences authorise the bank to provide both investment services to third parties and trustee or custodian services for collective investment schemes. HSBC Bank Malta plc has several branches and agencies in Malta and Gozo and offers a diversified range of financial services. Some of the services offered include personal and commercial banking, fund management and administrative services, treasury management, international banking, capital market and investment services, and life assurance.
HSBC Bank Malta plc is a member of the HSBC Group, whose parent company is HSBC Holdings plc.

Use of Proceeds

The net proceeds from the issue of the bonds will be used by HSBC Bank Malta plc to meet part of its general financing requirements. The proceeds of the bond will constitute Additional Own Funds (Tier II capital) in terms of the Own Funds Directive BD/03.

Security & Status

Unsecured & Subordinated

Coupon

4.6%

Amount Issued

€58,234,390

ISIN Code

MT0000031220

Maturity

The bonds will be redeemed at 100% (par) on 1 February 2017.

Interest Payment

Semi-Annually on 1 February and 1 August

XD Dates

18 January and 18 July

Listing

Official List

No. of Bondholders

3,551

Directors

Albert Mizzi (Chairman), Alan Richards, Philip Farrugia, Peter William Boyles, Philip Farrugia Randon, Charles J. Farrugia, Sonny Portelli, Peter Paul Testaferrata Moroni Viani and James Dunbar Cousin.

Print This Page Print This Page