GO plc - Quote
|Closing Price (€)||3.230||Change (€)||+0.010|
|TWAP (€)||3.218||No. of Trades||2|
|Day's High (€)||3.230||Change (%)||+0.311%|
|Day's Low (€)||3.200||Turnover (shares)||2,000|
|E.P.S (€)||0.261||Shares in issue (000)||101,310|
|P/E Ratio||12.38||Market Cap. (€000)||327,233|
|Gross Div. Yield (%)||4.77||Gross Dividend (€)||0.154|
|NAV per Share (€)||0.939||Indicative Div. Date||May|
|Price to NAV (times)||3.440||Dividend Cover (times)||2.607|
|2016 High (€)||3.600||2016 Low (€)||2.800|
GO plc - Profile
GO plc (formerly Maltacom plc) was constituted on 31 December 1997 with the purpose of replacing TeleMalta Corporation, a public corporation which was established by the Government in 1975 to provide and operate telecommunications services in Malta. The business of TeleMalta was transferred to GO on 2 January 1998 when the Government of Malta held 100% of the shares.
GO plc went public on 11 June 1998 when 40% of its shares were sold on the Malta Stock Exchange in the form of ordinary shares and on the London Stock Exchange in the form of Global Depositary Receipts (1 GDR = 6 shares). The IPO took the form of an offering of 40.5 million ordinary shares with a nominal value of €0.5823 each. The shares sold to the public were offered at €2.0964 per share. The Company’s shares began trading on both the Malta and the London Stock Exchange on 23 June 1998.
GO is Malta’s leading provider of telecommunications and ancillary services and is the only quadruple play operator. The core services provided by the Group include fixed line telephony, mobile telephony, data services and Digital Terrestrial TV (through its acquisition of Multiplus Ltd in January 2007). GO’s subsidiaries and associated companies are also engaged in the provision of data storage and cloud services as well offering internet, mobile and TV services in Greece through Forthnet SA.
On 15 May 2006, the Privatisation Unit authorised the sale of its 60% shareholding in GO plc to Emirates International Telecommunications (Malta) Limited (EITL) – a company which forms part of Tecom Investments of Dubai. The agreed price was €220 million or €3.6198 per share. The share purchase agreement was signed on 17 May 2006.
On 23 August 2016, Tunisie Telecom, through a wholly owned subsidiary TT ML Limited, completed its Voluntary Bid through which it acquired a 65.4% stake (representing 66,281,050 shares) at €2.87 per share.
- Innovate Software Limited (99.9%): this subsidiary is engaged in the development, implementation as well as support and maintenance of software.
- GO Data Centre Services Limited (99.9%): On 28 April 2009 the Group acquired 60% of BM IT Limited, BM Support Services Limited and Bellnet Limited (collectively the BM Companies) for a total cost of €9,439,096. The BM Group specialises in providing co-location, hosting, IP connectivity and bandwidth services as well as technical assistance and leasing of plant and equipment. It is the leading provider for such services within the Maltese market mainly to the large number of international gaming companies operating from Malta. BMIT also offers its services in 25 cities across Europe. On 1 July 2011, GO exercised its option to acquire the remaining 40% of the issued share capital of Bellnet Limited, BM IT Limited and BM Support Services Limited for a purchase consideration of €8.2 million.
- Cablenet Communications Systems Limited (51.0%): an independent alternative telecommunications provider in Cyprus offering broadband, fixed telephony and television services through its wholly owned cable infrastructure.
- Kinetix IT Solutions Limited (51.0%): [owned through GO Data Centre Services Limited] a company that specializes in the design, implementation, support and optimization of ICT solutions for the corporate sector.
- Forthnet SA (22.605%): a telecommunications company listed on the Athens Stock Exchange and providing telephony, broadband and pay-TV services in Greece.
- Loqus Holdings plc (30%): operates a national radio-based vehicle location, tracking and two-way data system. Loqus has a listing on the Second Tier Market of the Malta Stock Exchange. In GO’s 2011 Annual Report, GO confirmed its intention to sell the investment in Loqus Holdings plc.
GO’s issued share capital is made up of 101,310,488 ordinary shares of a nominal value of €0.5823 each.
News for GO plc
Forthnet Convertible Bond Issue
New Major Shareholder
Voluntary Bid Completion Conditions Satisfied
Forthnet Restructuring Process
Transfer of Shares in Forthnet S.A.
Result of Voluntary Public Offer
Board Opinion on Voluntary Offer
GO plc - Downloads
- GO plc - 2015 Annual Report (4.0 MiB, 445 hits)
- GO plc - Investor Fact Sheet - December 2015 (242.8 KiB, 357 hits)
- GO plc - 2015 EGM Circular (338.9 KiB, 1,067 hits)
- GO plc - 2014 Annual Report (16.0 MiB, 596 hits)
- GO plc - Investor Fact Sheet - June 2014 (265.3 KiB, 866 hits)
- GO plc - 2013 Annual Report (1.3 MiB, 932 hits)
- GO plc - Investor Fact Sheet - December 2013 (218.1 KiB, 855 hits)
- GO plc - 2012 Annual Report (12.9 MiB, 843 hits)
- GO plc - Investor Fact Sheet - December 2012 (220.2 KiB, 1,414 hits)
- GO plc - Investor Fact Sheet - June 2012 (128.5 KiB, 1,127 hits)
|Shares in Issue:||101,310,488|