Santumas Shareholdings plc
Santumas Shareholdings plc - Quote
|Closing Price (€)||1.550||Change (€)||0.000|
|TWAP (€)||1.550||No. of Trades||1|
|Day's High (€)||1.550||Change (%)||0%|
|Day's Low (€)||1.550||Turnover (shares)||832|
|E.P.S (€)||0.479||Shares in issue (000)||4,433|
|P/E Ratio||3.24||Market Cap. (€000)||6,871|
|Gross Div. Yield (%)||0||Gross Dividend (€)||0.000|
|NAV per Share (€)||2.275||Indicative Div. Date||NIL|
|Price to NAV (times)||0.680||Dividend Cover (times)||0.000|
|2017 High (€)||1.550||2017 Low (€)||1.400|
Santumas Shareholdings plc - Profile
The Company was registered on 29 April 1963 under the name, Malta New Issues Investment Co. Limited. Its name was changed on 11 May 1965 to Malta Shareholdings Limited and the Company was converted into a public company with the aim of carrying on the business of a finance trust. However, on 29 September 1978 the name changed to Santumas Shareholdings Limited and the objectives of the Company also provided for property development, with the main property being the Santumas Estate in Marsascala.
Calpabrin Properties (Investments) Limited merged into Santumas Shareholdings Limited on 2 April 1987 and Marsascala Development Limited and Santumas Contractors Limited merged into Santumas Shareholdings Limited on 15 December 1989.
On 9 May 1996 the company was licensed as a collective investment scheme under the Investment Services Act, 1994 by the Malta Financial Services Authority. The Company was registered as a public limited liability company under the Companies Act, 1995 on 24 December 1997, thereby changing its name to Santumas Shareholdings plc.
On 6 October 2014, the Company changed its listing status from a Collective Investment Scheme to a property holding company in terms of Chapter 7 of the Listing Rules. As at 30 April 2014, the Company had 44.9% of its assets allocated to property investments and 55.1% in stocks and shares.
The investment objective of the company is to maximise shareholders’ wealth by means of dividend payments and by creating an increasing capital value of the company shares. This is to be achieved through a spread between investment in real estate and securities. The company’s investment policies are:
- Real Estate: the company currently owns a large tract of land at Marsascala which is held for its investment value. A substantial ground rent roll at Marsascala and elsewhere is owned and will be increased; ground rent redemptions favourable to the company are always accepted. The Company will continue to seek new properties; both for investment purposes and for any potential or actual rental returns.
- Securities: the company currently owns a portfolio of shares listed on overseas stock markets, primarily on the London Stock Exchange, and holdings in various Maltese listed and unlisted companies; the Maltese element will always comprise not less than 25% of the value of the total share portfolio. The company will continue to make such investments with a bias or weighting, at management’s discretion, towards technological shares and investment trusts. The portfolio, both in Malta and overseas, may, in exceptional circumstances, be held in cash and in any current as the Board of Directors may deem fit.
- Other Considerations: the property and share interests of the company may be expanded by the outright purchase of other companies; this may be effected through a cash settlement, through a share consideration or through a combination of both as the Board may deem fit. The company may participate in other ventures through the holding of shares, with or without a controlling interest, particularly in Malta, as the Board may deem fit, as long as the venture serves to achieve the company’s investment policy.
A Malta Stock Exchange Council Notice issued on 16 December 2003 announced the admission to the Official List of 1,665,176 shares in Santumas Shareholdings plc. Trading in its shares commenced on Wednesday 17 December 2003 at a price of Lm0.83.
Furthermore, on 24 September 2014, the company resolved to re-denominate the nominal value of the shares from €0.582343 to €0.55, and inter alia, allocate bonus shares at the ratio of 1 for every 10 held, through the further capitalisation of €37,740.21 from reserves. This exercise increased the company’s issued share capital to 1,831,716.
On 24 August 2015, Santumas Shareholdings plc announced a 1 for 10 bonus issue. 183,182 new shares were issued through the capitalisation of €100,744 from reserves on 11 January 2016. This bonus issue increased the Company’s issued share capital to 2,014,898 ordinary shares with a nominal value of €0.55 each fully paid up.
On 26 September 2016, Santumas Shareholdings plc announced a 1 for 10 bonus issue. 201,496 new shares were issued through the capitalisation of €110,819.50 from reserves on 18 November 2016. This bonus issue increased the Company’s issued share capital to 2,216,394 ordinary shares with a nominal value of €0.55 each fully paid up.
On 26 September 2016, Santumas Shareholdings plc also announced a 1-for-1 share split and as a consequence, the total issued share capital increased from 2,216,394 to 4,432,788 shares of a nominal value of €0.275. These changes were effective on 25 November 2016.
Santumas Shareholdings plc - Financials
|Santumas Shareholdings plc
|Santumas Shareholdings plc
News for Santumas Shareholdings plc
Change in Shareholding
Santumas Shareholdings plc - Downloads
- Santumas Shareholdings plc - Investor Fact Sheet - December 2016 (126.2 KiB, 85 hits)
- Santumas Shareholdings plc - Investor Fact Sheet - December 2015 (218.2 KiB, 362 hits)
- Santumas Shareholdings plc - Interim Report as at 31 October 2014 (2.5 MiB, 647 hits)
- Santumas Shareholdings plc - Prospectus dated 6 October 2014 (5.6 MiB, 1,095 hits)
|Shares in Issue:||4,432,788|